Water/Wastewater Operator I
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23755BR
- United States
Skelly and Loy, A Terracon Company, is looking for a Wastewater Operator I responsible for providing operations and maintenance services for potable water and wastewater systems as part of a circuit rider team serving municipal, commercial, institutional, transportation, and industrial clients. Responsibilities may include system monitoring and adjustments, flow readings, collecting samples, field testing, and inspection and maintenance of mechanical equipment/pumps and controls. Provide assistance to other team members in completing maintenance tasks or repairs. Systems may range in size and complexity from small-scale system, pump stations, and medium municipal systems with various treatment technologies.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Oversee multiple treatment plants to insure proper treatment and compliance with the permit requirements.
- Inspect the mechanical and electrical components for proper operation.
- Utilize instrumentation and field kits to monitor typical operations parameters (pH, dissolved oxygen, etc.).
- Collect compliance samples and deliver to the laboratory as required.
- Perform routine maintenance tasks as required.
- Complete/submit regulatory reports and compliance sampling results as required.
- Assist others in completing repairs and/or installing new equipment.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 4 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certified Operator serving small to medium systems (under 1M MGD)
- OSHA 40-hour Hazardous Waste Operations certified
- OSHA Confined space entry trained for emergency response
- Mechanically Inclined - experience with completing routine maintenance tasks and performing repairs on mechanical, electrical, and piping systems.
- Basic - the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with others; reading comprehension; giving full attention to what others are saying and taking the time to understand the points being made; using learned methods and procedures appropriate for the situation.
- Technical - performing routine maintenance on equipment and determining when and what kind of maintenance is needed; using instrumentation and field kits; monitoring meters, controls or other indicators to make sure the treatment systems are working properly; controlling operations of equipment or systems; performing repairs and installing new equipment.
- Computer - using computers and their applications to enter, manipulate, edit and manage information.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.