Senior Marketing Specialist
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21963BR
- United States
Provide support to the marketing activities of an environmental/engineering consulting office or group of offices. Develop or maintain marketing materials and programs including but not limited to proposals, advertising, social media, conference and tradeshow strategy, exhibits and promotional materials, statements of qualification and brochures. May also support marketing efforts by tracking sales data, maintaining databases and planning meetings and tradeshows.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Holds regular marketing meetings with managers, supervisors, and others that contribute to executing the client development plan in the office.
- Performs a lead role in managing complex proposals.
- Represents the marketing group at project war rooms and other strategy sessions
- Works directly with sr. level technical staff to prepare proposal materials, including writing, editing, verifying and formatting proposal information.
- Collaborates/storyboards technical sections with technical staff and review/edit their narrative for content clarity, compliance and key messages.
- Ensures that the various aspects of the proposals (Brand Line, key messages, technical scope, staff qualifications and experience, biographical data, etc.) and other marketing materials are accurate, timely and well written.
- Monitors media sources for pertinent information relative to specific pursuits
- Works with pursuit teams through all phases of the process. Specifically, this includes:
- working with individual pursuit teams to develop pursuit strategies through the use of Project Capture Plans and RFP/Presentation Response Plans
- organizing and facilitating pursuit strategy meetings
- working with district and office leadership and individual pursuit teams to determine specific materials needed and the corresponding level of effort
- Taking direct leadership role in the development of pre-sell materials, proposals, presentations, etc.
- working with graphic design staff to plan and produce materials
- Ensuring all proposal materials are effectively communicating the strategic vision identified for a given pursuit.
- Organizing presentation rehearsals.
- Ensuring all deadlines are met with a high level of quality.
- Organizes client development events, collateral and tradeshow materials
- Follows safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, branding or related degree and 4 years’ industry experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, branding or related degree and 8 years’ industry experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years’ related experience.
- Some travel may be required.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.