Marketing Specialist II
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23010BR
- United States
General Responsibilities: Provide support to the marketing activities of an environmental/engineering consulting office or group of offices. Develop or maintain marketing materials and programs, including but not limited to proposals, advertising, social media, conference and tradeshow strategy, exhibits and promotional materials, statements of qualification, and brochures. May also support marketing efforts by tracking sales data, maintaining databases, and planning meetings and tradeshows.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities: Works on standard and routine proposals independently, including:
- Writes new pieces and edits such items as resumes, project descriptions, and management plans of proposals to support the specific message.
- Coordinates proposals/presentation preparation, including scheduling project milestones and reviews, conducting reviews, and working with Project Champions/Project Managers to ensure quality material is submitted and delivered on schedule.
- Schedules and conducts project kick-off meetings with Project Champions/Project Managers and other pursuit team members to strategize for a winning proposal and/or presentation.
- Prepares proposal materials, including gathering boilerplate text, verifying, and formatting proposal information.
- Ensures that the various aspects of the proposals (Technical Scope, Staff Qualification and Experience, Biographical Data, etc.) and other marketing materials are accurate.
- Researches and gathers information for proposals and presentations including resumes, forms, etc., format and edit content or rewrite if necessary.
- Researches background information for pursuits.
- Coordinates design and production of materials for proposals and presentations with graphics staff.
- Follows safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related degree and 2 years’ marketing and communications experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, 6 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Bachelor's degree in communications, marketing, branding or related degree and 8 years’ industry experience. In lieu of a degree, a minimum of 10 years’ related experience.
- Some travel may be required.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.