- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25161BR
- United States
Conduct environmental site investigations, assessments, and surveys to sample, evaluate, and analyze terrestrial ecosystems including, but not limited to, riverine, wetland, and upland. Identify, evaluate, and recommend risk, remediation, and liability management strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports, and regulatory agency correspondence and filings. Coordinate and development environmental protection plans. Projects may include ecological and natural resource field surveys, construction monitoring and oversight, storm water management inspections, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Entry-to-Mid-level scientific professional responsible for gathering data and information to be evaluated and analyzed independently and by other team members.
- Perform testing and sampling of environmental systems including wetlands, streams, lakes, soils, etc.
- Assist with report preparation by summarizing data and information within report.
- Conduct field studies related to wetland and watercourse delineation, stream assessments, and wildlife studies.
- Provides environmental compliance monitoring, inspection, oversight, and reporting.
- Tabulate and prepare data for written reports.
- Operates field monitoring equipment.
- Maintains, calibrates, and provides responsible care and routine inspection of all field equipment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science or related science field and a minimum 1 year related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 5 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service/Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission Qualified Bog Turtle Surveyor (QBTS).
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.