Environmental Engineer - Hydrology and Hydraulics Focus
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26094BR
- United States
Skelly and Loy, A Terracon Company WANTS YOU if:
* You're fascinated by flooding and stormwater.
* You're a fan of naturally adaptive and resilient solutions.
* You think math and technology are fun.
* You believe innovation and pragmatism are essential and compatible.
* You are inquisitive and collaborative.
* Challenges invigorate you.
...EXPLORE WITH US!
YOU'LL GET TO:
Design and analyze using hydrology and hydraulics (H&H) modeling
Design stormwater management
Plan for shoreline and coastal resilience
Design stream restorations
Design dam projects and perform safety inspections
Analyze sediment transport
Investigate water resources
Process wetland and waterway permits
Assess and restore watersheds
Design AMD remediation
Assist with grant applications and management
YOU TELL US...What water resource concern do you want to solve?
SKILLS WE WANT:
* 3+ Years Experience
* Experience in any or all of the following: H&H modeling, floodplain studies, shoreline/coastal resilience, dam design, stormwater management design, stream relocation, and the permitting and approval process.
* Competence in HEC-RAS 1D modeling and experience or willingness to learn HEC-RAS 2D modeling or similar software modeling.
* Project management skills in water resource design from concept through construction, including achieving milestones and deadlines.
* Competence in client relationship and meeting facilitation.
* Proficiency in use of software for hydrology, hydraulics, drafting, presentation, and routine office administrative tasks.
* Writing and verbal communication skills.
* Willing and able for occasional travel and overtime.
* Engineer preferred. Will also consider allied professional with stormwater and/or stream design experience (Hydrology, Environmental Science, Biology, Geomorphology, Landscape Architecture, Ecology, equivalent work experience, etc.).
YOUR CAREER GROWTH:
* Personalized career path planning.
* Paid internal and external education and training.
* Career advancement opportunities locally and nationally.
engineering and consulting services for a broad array of environmental projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading environmental site investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 1-3 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) designation
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.