Construction Field Technician
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21506BR
- United States
The Field Technician is responsible for performing physical labor tasks associated with a variety of environmental construction projects. the person in this position will operate hand and power tools of all types, along with a variety of other equipment and instruments (chain saws, generators, compressors, pumps, etc.) as well as operate small construction equipment such as skid steers and mini excavators. They will assist with setting/checking grades, installing pumps and piping systems, repairing mechanical systems and equipment, clearing vegetation, installing erosion and sediment controls, and planting trees and shrubs. A valid driver's license and adherence to strict safety standards is required.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Perform physical labor tasks associated with a variety of construction projects.
- Read plans, instructions or specifications to determine work activities.
- Signal equipment operators to facilitate alignment, movement or adjustment of machinery, equipment or materials.
- Dig ditches or trenches, backfill excavations or compact and level earth to grade specifications, using picks, shovels, pneumatic tampers or rakes.
- Operate and maintain pumps, compressors, or generators to provide power for tools, machinery, or equipment or to dewater work areas.
- Lubricate, clean, or repair machinery, equipment, or tools.
- Operate small construction equipment such as skid steers, mini-excavators, rollers, generators, cement mixers, drills, chainsaws, and earth tampers.
- Install erosion and sediment controls and landscape plantings.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 0-2 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Construction related training or certifications.
- OSHA certifications.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.