Civil Field Engineer, Entry Level
- Harrisburg, Pennsylvania
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25561BR
- United States
Skelly and Loy, Inc.,A Terracon Company WANTS YOU if:
* You like design.
* You love seeing items you design turn into reality.
* You think math and technology are fun.
* You love the outdoors as well as office environment.
* Challenges invigorate you.
...EXPLORE WITH US!
YOU'LL GET TO:
Design and analyze using hydrology and hydraulics (H&H) modeling software
Design stormwater management
Perform engineering analyses and calculations
Inspect construction projects
Process NPDES and Wetland and Waterway Permits
Design Acid Mine Drainage (AMD) remediation and Abandon Mine Land (AML) reclamation projects
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Perform design and construction engineering tasks.
- Complete site investigations, data collection, site surveys, and evaluations of existing facilities, infrastructure, and property.
- Complete evaluations, alternative analyses, feasibility studies, and engineer's construction estimates.
- Complete design calculations and utilize applicable software applications for design purposes.
- Develop detail design drawings, schematics, layouts, and detailed technical specifications.
- Assist with completing permit applications and design reports for various review agencies.
- Support with project bid document preparation and pre-bid meeting attendance.
- Provide construction phase services, such as management of project schedule, costs, meeting attendance, and administrative tasks.
- Construction inspection and preparation of inspection reports.
- Correspond with clients, vendors, contractors, and review agencies as needed based on project requirements.
- Attend meetings with clients and review agencies for project support.
- Assist with the preparation of project proposals and budgets.
- Attend conferences, seminars, pre-bid meetings, and other events for the purpose of professional development and company marketing.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- 0-2 years of experience in Civil Engineering design with engineering consulting firm or related internship experience.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) certification.
- Familiarity with Pennsylvania Department of Environmental Protection (PA DEP) permitting and Pennsylvania Department of Transportation (PennDOT) design requirements.
- Familiarity with stormwater design requirements and erosion and sediment pollution control design and permitting.
- Working familiarity with AutoCAD software.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite.
- Experience or openness to learn design related software as required by project need (i.e. SWMM, HEC-HMS, WaterCAD, HydroCAD, etc.).
- Team oriented with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent time management, with the ability to multitask.
- Detail oriented with commitment to providing high quality engineering services as it relates to all workplace responsibilities.
- Willing and able to travel to project sites and meetings as needed.
- Willingness to observe construction activities and complete field investigations.
YOUR CAREER GROWTH:
- Personalized career path planning.
- Paid internal and external education and training.
- Career advancement opportunities locally and nationally.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.