Field Structural Engineer
- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21535BR
- United States
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of structural projects and clients. This may include performing field investigations, assisting in structural engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design, and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Assist senior structural engineers in researching and resolving design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Assist senior engineers in applying sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Developing engineering professionals; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Assist in research, data collection, field observation, inspection, and field and laboratory testing. Prepare associated reports or sections of larger reports.
- Evaluate mostly routine laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
- Consult with other technical people and supervisors on routine and less complex projects.
- May perform basic calculations and engineering analysis
- Drafts routine proposals and assists in the preparation of more complex proposals.
- Performs plan drafting using CAD software.
- May work with engineering technician crews in testing, observations, and data gathering activities on project sites and prepare daily reports documenting activities and findings.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) designation
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.