Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:Explore with us!Terracon is looking for a Senior Structural Engineer to join our Facilities Consulting Division. The successful candidate will help to support and grow Terracon’s existing Structural Diagnostics, Building Design, and Remedial Design work. Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors. We work with our Senior professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key.If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support a first-class working environment consistent with Terracon’s Purpose, Vision, and Values.
- Promote an Incident and Injury Free™ environment for department personnel consistent with company values and safety practices.
- Manage and consult on Structural Diagnostics projects including Structural Condition Assessments and Remedial Designs.
- Understand Industry Design Standards for buildings constructed with Steel, Concrete, Masonry, and Wood.
- Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Perform structural designs in accordance with building and design codes associated with new and existing buildings.
- Provide technical direction required for the production and completion of Construction Documents, Plans, and Specifications for both unique and routine projects.
- Prepare Proposals, Reports, and Presentations that are professional in language with a logical use of technical ideas and recommendations.
- Independently lead Field Investigations, Observations, and Inspections.
- Peer review Construction Documents, Protocols, Scopes of Work, and other similar documents associated with Structural Design and Repair/Restoration to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Drive business with new and existing clients and actively participate in the implementation of marketing strategies.
- Supervise and mentor junior and/or less experienced facilities division professionals to cross-train on Structural Services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil/Structural Engineering and 10+ years of industry experience
- Professional Engineer (PE) License
- Proficient with Design and Building Codes (AISC, ACI, NDS, IBC, ASCE)
- Competent with Analysis, Drafting, and Modeling Software (RISA, Tekla, AutoCAD, Revit)
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- SE License
- PE and/or SE License in Multiple States
- Master's Degree of Civil/Structural Engineering
- Construction Jobsite Experience
- Construction Estimating, Budgeting, and Material Procurement Experience
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.