Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:Explore with us!Terracon is looking for a Senior Drafter to join our Facilities Consulting Division. The successful candidate will help to support Building Design and Remedial Design Services. Drafting may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors. We work with our professionals and project teams to continually integrate and develop new and exciting technology for best-in-class project delivery and processes. For us, quality and doing what's right for our people and our clients is key.If you are up for an exciting and challenging opportunity and career, we look forward to visiting with you!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support a first-class working environment consistent with Terracon’s Purpose, Vision, and Values.
- Promote an Incident and Injury Free™ environment for department personnel consistent with company values and safety practices.
- Produce 2D construction drawings and 3D virtual models based on engineered designs while maintaining approved quality standards on all project deliverables.
- Understand Drafting and Detailing Standards for buildings constructed with materials such as Steel, Concrete, Masonry, and/or Wood.
- Communicate with Project Teams, Engineers, Architects, and Clients virtually and in person.
- Receive Technical Direction required for producing Construction Documents, Plans, and Specifications for both unique and routine projects.
- Read, Review, and Interpret construction drawings and specifications for compliance with project requirements.
- Perform Field-measuring and Observations on occasion using ladders, scaffolds, and/or motorized lift equipment requiring operator certifications.
- Prepare field reports on occasion conveying construction observations that are professional in language.
- Mentor junior and/or less experienced Drafters throughout the Terracon network of Facilities Departments.
- Associate degree of Science or Equivalent Experience
- 5+ years of Building Industry Related Drafting Experience
- Proficient with Drafting and Modeling Software (Revit and/or AutoCAD)
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Autodesk Certified Professional in AutoCAD or Revit
- Structural Design drafting work experience
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.