- Greensboro, North Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26099BR
- United States
Perform computer aided drafting (CAD) for preparation of engineering drawings using industry appropriate software. Uses standard symbol sets and drawings to minimize drawing effort. Performs hand drafting as needed. May reference information from vendor prints, catalogs, and technical manuals.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs non-routine and moderately difficult to complex assignments and engineering drawings.
- Work may involve areas lacking precedent.
- Responsible for planning and conducting a complete project with diverse designs.
- Perform design calculations, prepare material and equipment specifications and provide preliminary sketches and notes for drawings.
- Performs other related tasks in support of project engineer such as writing procedures and specifications, compiling and computing engineering data, estimating, etc.
- Acts as a lead role over other designers and/or drafters.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Perform field-measuring and observations on occasion using ladders, scaffolds, and/or motorized lift equipment requiring operator certifications.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Work is performed under the guidance and direction of and reviewed by a Professional Engineer.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 10 plus years engineering design/drafting experience.
- Associate of Arts or Associate of Science degree in engineering or drafting technology preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.