Lead Equipment Operator
- Greeley, Colorado
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22925BR
- United States
Come, "Explore with us"! Terracon is seeking an experienced individual to spearhead solar test pile installations to facilitate utility scale project design testing.
This position requires a lead equipment operator who is self-reliant, flexible, and enjoys an independent work environment. A successful candidate will have the experience to function as a site foreman supervisor. This role requires extensive inter-state travel with a flexible schedule rotation.
The piles are installed with a Vermeer PD-10, select support equipment, and conducted throughout the western US.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be responsible for maintaining Terracon quality standards of professionalism and safety on all projects.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- In charge of a two-person crew. Must be able to lead, teach, and communicate effectively to guide the field crew.
- Requires ability to forecast performance schedule a few days in advance based on project specific details.
- Effective in written and verbal English communications.
- Load steel piles, operate a Vermeer PD-10, mini-excavator, skid-steer, side by side UTV and tools/supplies onto trucks and trailers.
- Perform navigation of test pile locations via handheld GPS tools or apps.
- Ability to utilize cell phone apps such as GPS tracking, map reading, and basic Microsoft Office tools.
- Be able to competently drive a truck and trailer.
- Report required maintenance to supervisor and perform maintenance tasks as required.
- Communicate daily progress reports with multiple offices.
- Physically active role with unrestricted range of motion necessary to perform daily activities.
- A Class “A” CDL will be required with a current valid medical card. A minimum of 5 years CDL driving experience preferred.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 1 year of relevant equipment operator experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Extensive travel schedule based out of Greeley, Colorado. Relocation may not be necessary in some circumstances.
- Full-time, year-round, outdoor, permanent position with full benefits.
- Overnight Per Diem at $150/day (Food & Lodging)
- PTO accrual. (Ratio of hours worked.)
- Paid Holidays: 7 plus 1 floating day
- Cell phone: $36.xx per pay period
- 401k = 60% matching the first 7% of your compensation, once eligible
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$22.00 - $31.00 per hour
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.