- Greeley, Colorado
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22924BR
- United States
Come, "Explore with us"! Terracon is seeking an individual to operate equipment associated with solar test pile installations to facilitate utility scale project design testing.
This position requires an equipment operator who is self-reliant, flexible, and enjoys an independent work environment. A successful candidate will be able to work as part of a multiple person team on projects. This role requires extensive inter-state travel with a flexible schedule rotation.
The piles are installed with a Vermeer PD-10, select support equipment, and conducted throughout the western US. Daily tasks would include conducting site reconnaissance, loading/unloading of tooling and equipment, performing routine maintenance and basic repairs on equipment, and will include extensive driving requirements between project locations.
This is an entry level position. No experience is required, but experience operating equipment and a proven ability to perform routine maintenance and repair of equipment is preferred.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Maintain Terracon quality standards of professionalism and safety while driving and on all projects
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards while driving and on project sites. Report safety issues or concerns to management.
- Work on a two-person crew. Must be able to communicate effectively.
- Ability to operate or learn to operate a mini-excavator, skid-steer, side by side UTV, and forklift.
- Safely and efficiently load/unload equipment and tools/supplies onto trucks and trailers.
- Ability to report required maintenance to supervisor and perform maintenance tasks, as required.
- Ability to drive a medium to heavy duty truck and trailer. A desire to obtain a Class A CDL is preferred.
- Communicate effectively with coworkers and work with many offices across the western US.
- Physically active role with unrestricted range of motion necessary to perform daily activities.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Limited or no experience required
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to obtain a DOT Medical Card within first 30 days of employment.
- Experience in diesel mechanics, welding, fabrication, heavy equipment operation, and construction.
- Valid Class A or B commercial driver’s license.
- Overnight Per Diem at $150/day (Food & Lodging)
- PTO accrual. (Ratio of hours worked.)
- Paid Holidays: 7 plus 1 floating day
- Cell phone: $36.xx per pay period
- 401k = 60% matching the first 7% of your compensation, once eligible
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$17.50 - $24.50 per hour
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.