Senior Project Geologist/Engineer
- Glendale Heights, Illinois
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22464BR
- United States
If your passion lies in working on challenging projects, then we invite you to explore with us!
Terracon is seeking a professional Senior Project Geologist/Engineer to join our team in Illinois! In this role you will lead teams of experienced environmental professionals in the planning and implementation of environmental tasks such as: soil, groundwater, non-aqueous phase liquids (NAPL), soil vapor investigations, groundwater monitoring programs, etc., while maintaining Conceptual Site Models (CSMs), and preparing reports for a major refinery project in southern Illinois. This project will also include providing litigation support to the client and legal counsel.
This critical role will report directly to an Environmental Group Manager and will work closely with senior and mid-level staff, as well as junior staff in a mentorship and leadership capacity. Our dynamic team has worked on this refinery project for over 15 years!
Our office has a diverse client base in both public and private sectors working with commercial, industrial, legal, government, health care, and property development entities. At Terracon we are committed to improving the communities where we live and work! Come “Explore with us” today!
Managerial and Technical Responsibilities:
- Will act as a primary contact with client and legal counsel.
- Lead the preparation, oversight, and management of a multi-million-dollar annual budget and update of 40-year cost projections.
- Conduct project meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of a project.
- Implement technical, financial, and administrative requirements to complete multiple client tasks by directing and supervising field staff in testing, data collection, and documentation.
- Prepares monthly forecasts for expenditures and manages scope, schedule, and budget for complex tasks as well as monitor activities and allocate resources to ensure client objectives are met.
- Assist in continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects and the implementation of Terracon and Client policies and procedures.
- Support the development of scopes of work for both routine and complex tasks for the project.
- Will be expected to support client management and client development.
- Responsible for implementing safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects and participate in pre-task planning meetings.
Requirements: Preferred Certification:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in geology or engineering (environmental, civil, or chemical).
- Minimum 10 years of demonstrated project field and project management related experience.
- Professional Geologist or Professional Engineer licensed in the State of Illinois or capable to obtain such license within one year of employment.
- Working knowledge of Illinois Environmental regulations.
- Completed OSHA 40-hour HAZWOPER training.
- Demonstrated high level of technical writing ability
- Experience interacting and communicating with clients
- Strong leadership and organizational skills
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.