Geotechnical Engineering Technician - Solar
- Gahanna, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21162BR
- United States
Perform field and/or laboratory testing. Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, exploration crews, and other as applicable regarding the project. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate and prepare field and lab data to the Project Manager. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Will perform Geotechnical field activities, such as site reconnaissance, staking of boring locations, and drilling oversight.
- Will perform Geotechnical field tests, such as Double Ring infiltrometers (DRI), hand augers, electrical resistivity testing, Dynamic Cone Penetrometer (DCP), test pits.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Project Manager
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Maintains assigned equipment.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- May assist with utility locating services and clearances.
- May perform other engineering support tasks including development of drawings and directives for proposed boring and test pit locations and plans.
- Assist in research, data collection, field observation, inspection, and field and laboratory testing.
- Conduct Pile Load Testing (PLT) or similar tests and evaluate mostly routine field data for inclusion in reports.
- Help coordinate scheduling of subcontractors, install crews, and PLT tests.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- 6 months experience required.
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!