Senior Staff Geologist
- Franklin, Wisconsin
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21086BR
- United States
Are you interested in managing site investigation and remediation projects? Do you like a mix of working in the office and mentoring staff in the field? Our environmental professionals provide our clients with solutions to complex subsurface problems. With an almost endless variety of project sites and a fast-paced environment, you’ll never get bored! We offer flexible working hours and benefits that help our employees work as effectively at home as in the office. We embrace technology and are leading the industry with new innovations like our “Stage1” assessments. Careers abound at Terracon and we are a family of employee owners here to support you and help you grow. If this sounds appealing to you, apply now and check us out.
Evaluate and interpret subsurface field and sampling data including soil and groundwater to develop conclusions concerning environmental and geologic site conditions. Generate subsurface maps and cross-sections and collaborate with engineering and environmental scientist staff on projects. Oversee field monitoring and testing of soils including boring investigations and soil type classification. Interpret soil, bedrock and groundwater elevation and quality data. Prepare written plans and reports related to site investigations, assessments and remediation activities.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Mid-level, experienced Geologist/ Hydrogeologist responsible for conducting site testing and making recommendations for systems design on medium sized projects with a variety of complexity.
- Participates with more senior Geologists on large, more complex projects.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection or assignments.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for both small and large projects including quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluates complex laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports.
- May serve as team member or lead in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- May oversee work performed by lower level Geologists/Hydrogeologists.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology or related field and a minimum of 5 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Professional Geologist license preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.