Project Manager-Environmental Site Investigation
- Fort Worth, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23550BR
- United States
Manage all aspects of a facilities, materials, environmental, or geotechnical engineering project to ensure that it is safely completed on time and within scope and budget. Responsible for completing the project as per its contracted scope; monitor progress and performance against the project plan. Troubleshoot and recommend or resolve operational problems and minimize delays. May be responsible for resource management, project scheduling, budgets and forecasts, and working with external vendors, subcontractors or contractors. Conducts meetings and prepares reports to communicate the status of the project to project team and client. Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinate project staff to meet project targets and milestones. May have responsibilities to communicate with the client and deliver work products to satisfaction of client. Coordinates effort with APR to make sure that APR has opportunity to engage throughout the project, particularly at critical junctures. Is involved with approving invoices, preparing change orders, and collections.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Manage all aspects of a small to medium sized project.
- Works with client or NAM to define project scope, schedule and budget.
- Design, communicate, and implement a project plan for completing the project.
- Leads safety efforts including preparation and compliance with approved safety plan.
- Take action to resolve operational problems and minimize delays.
- Identify, develop, and gather the resources to complete the project. This may include preparing calculations, designs, reports and work specifications; developing project schedules, budgets and forecasts; and selecting materials, equipment, project staff, and external contractors.
- Partner with other departments or offices to secure specialized resources for the project.
- Conduct meetings and prepare reports to communicate the status of the project.
- Set priorities, assign tasks, and coordinates project staff to meet project targets and milestones.
- Coordinates with APR to ensure appropriate oversight is in place and sufficient time allowed for reviews of all critical junctures.
- Coordinates with accounting for financial management of business intelligence, invoicing and collections
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practices by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and a minimum of 5 years’ related experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Project Management Professional (PMP)
- Professional Engineer (PE), Professional Geologist (PG) or similar professional registration/certification relevant to the type of services and projects being managed
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.