Terracon Office Manager
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26024BR
- United States
Manage and direct all activities (administrative and technical) of an engineering consulting office. This includes profit/loss management, employee supervision, project management, quality control, health and safety oversight, client relations and development, and new business development. Responsible for general leasehold improvements, project and office equipment, and proper utilization of all personnel. Develop and/or review all contracts and proposals prepared by the office; verify technical and financial provisions and ensure manpower budgets are sufficient to complete the contracted work and render a profit. May have administrative and technical department managers to support specific functions and operations of the office.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee medium sized office supporting multiple service lines with gross revenues typically between $3-6 million.
- Supervise projects within the technical disciplines practiced by the organization, within the same office usually at the same time.
- Review contracts and proposals prepared by office personnel.
- Evaluate and monitor workloads in the office, and oversee employee lifecycle (recruitment, hiring, performance management, salary administration, discipline, termination).
- Coordinate with corporate marketing to maintain client contacts for future development of new business.
- Supervise preparation of proposals by all professionals and coordinate with corporate marketing and firm technical experts, as needed.
- Direct the execution of the office’s business development efforts.
- Develop and execute annual office business plan.
- Responsible for preparation of office annual and financial budgets and operating the office within approved budgets.
- Monitor job status reports and coordinate with department managers
- Apprise Division Manager of Office progress including business development, project schedules, employee management, financial results, and equipment/facility/organizational needs.
- Assist Department Managers in determining their staffing needs and actions to secure qualified personnel.
- Manage risk related to projects. Ensure contracts are signed and fully executed prior to commencing work. Monitor adherence to corporate risk policies and practices. Hold Managers accountable for mitigating or eliminating risk. Communicates safety initiatives, rules and guidelines for Office. Holds Managers and Employees accountable for following safety rules and guidelines.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Ensure best practices are being followed and hold Managers accountable for quality control standards.
- Bachelor’s degree and 10 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 14 years’ related experience.
- Prior management experience required.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.