Senior Property Condition Assessor
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21052BR
- United States
Terracon is experiencing tremendous growth in our National Property and Facilities Condition Consulting practice, and we are hiring a Senior Facilities Property Condition Assessor for our South Florida (West Palm / Ft. Lauderdale / Miami)offices. The successful candidate will perform provide Property and Facility Condition Assessments to a wide range of clients both locally and nationally.
Projects may include detailed evaluations of structural systems, building enclosures, plaza deck and below grade waterproofing systems, MEP systems, pavement and landscaping, industrial infrastructure, and both modern and arcane construction materials. Assessment method will be primarily visual examination, but may include non-destructive testing (IR Scans, Moisture Meters, etc.), instrumentation and load testing, laboratory testing (Terracon has full service in-house lab), and destructive examinations. Client deliverables range from reports of identified deficiencies and recommending repairs with associated repair cost estimates, to working with an AE team to develop restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration.
If you're an Architect, Professional Engineer, Structural Engineer, Construction Manager and you're interested in belonging to an organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your vision.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), and at least one other relevant certification (RBEC, BECxP, LEED AP)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!