Engineering Technician III
- Fort Lauderdale, Florida
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 24678BR
- United States
Perform field and/or laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel). Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor’s representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas. May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to project sites. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the PM.
- Has experience and proficiency in multiple areas of field testing and inspection and or laboratory testing
- May train lower level technicians
- May lead the activities of other engineering technicians in the laboratory or on larger field projects.
- Maintains equipment and calibration.
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and Excel
- ACI certification in one or more of the following areas:
- Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Certified in radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge operation.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI), or
- Structural Steel and/or nondestructive testing services: ASNT Level II
- Relevant certification for the services or project requirements (e.g. Registered Roofing Observer (RRO))
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Certifications in two or more of the following areas:
- NICET Level II certification in Construction Materials Testing in one or more of the following categories: Asphalt, Concrete, Soils.
- NICET Level II certification in Geotechnical in one or more of the following categories: Construction, Laboratory, Exploration, Generalist
- ICC certification in two or more of the following categories: Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel – Bolting, Structural Steel – Welding.
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification in more than one of the following areas: Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT).
- Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.