Natural Resources Leader
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23018BR
- United States
Terracon is currently seeking a Natural Resource Lead to join our Iowa Team! This position can report to any of our Iowa offices, depending on your location. The selected candidate will be eligible to receive a sign-on bonus, participate in the salaried annual bonus program, and receive a bi-monthly mobile phone expense reimbursement. Our multi-disciplined team in Iowa works on wetlands delineation and permitting, National Environmental Policy Act (NEPA) documents, Brownfield projects, environmental site assessment, remediation, redevelopment, and site renovation work public and private entities.
You will work together with the Environmental Planning staff throughout the operating group to prepare winning proposals and manage projects for Waters of the US (delineations, permitting, and mitigation) NEPA (categorical exclusions, EAs, EIS documents), and threatened and endangered species (T&E) related services. You will manage projects, prepare and review reports and coach and mentor staff on quality data generation and reporting
You will have the opportunity to assist with operations of a growing team with a focus on safety, staff training & development, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and overall quality and client experience. In addition, you will participate in business development activities with the office leadership team to identify, develop, win, and execute exciting project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
We are an employee-owned organization that focuses hard on supporting our staff and their development while providing exceptional customer service to our clients.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Complete and supervise United States delineations and prepare associated reports and permit applications, including Pre-Construction Notifications and Individual/Standard Permits
- Collaborate with other Environmental Planning managers and staff in other Terracon offices to team on large project efforts and promote best practices.
- Manage Natural Resource projects within the upper Midwest
- Mentor junior staff and supervise staff.
- Conduct client development activities and work with our marketing team to continue and develop in natural resource services in Iowa and surrounding regions.
- Understand and implement technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines.
- Promote continuous quality review and improvement on projects.
- Perform site visits, field observations and field data collection in area of technical expertise.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Science, Biology, or related discipline and more than 5 or more years of experience in the practice.
- Experience with Threatened and Endangered Species Surveys and applying the Endangered Species Act within the upper Midwest
- Experience in conducting and managing wetland delineations, as well as permitting, Waters of the United States (Section 10 and 404) and conducting and managing wetland delineations.
- Ability to direct staff technicians regarding data collection, preparation of figures and maps, and report production.
- Ability to mentor junior staff and supervise staff.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Wetland Scientist
- Certified Environmental Planner
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.