Laboratory Engineering Technician - Summer/Fall 2023
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Seasonal Worker
- Job ID 22877BR
- United States
This is a seasonal position normally running from mid-May through August. We can also offer a co-op position that runs through the end of the year.
Perform laboratory testing of construction materials and geotechnical related materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel). Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, and others as applicable regarding the testing requirements and results. May transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follows safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Performs testing as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Experience with laptop computer use and Microsoft Word and Excel
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.