Laboratory Engineering Technician (full-time)
- Des Moines, Iowa
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26430BR
- United States
The Des Moines, IA office has an opening on their Laboratory team. You will perform laboratory testing, observation, and inspection of construction materials (e.g. soils, aggregates, concrete, asphalt, and steel). Communicate with project manager and engineering technicians regarding the project requirements, testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. Transport material samples with associated identifying documentation to the laboratory for further testing and analysis. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, and work areas. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Project Manager
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Maintains assigned equipment and related calibration
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- ACI Concrete Testing Technician, ACI Aggregate Testing Technician, ACI Masonry Testing Technician, ACI Aggregate Base Testing Technician, IADOT Soils, IADOT Aggregate, IADOT PCC, NICET certification.
- Background in construction materials testing, earth science or related fields.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.