Geotechnical Project Engineer
- Des Moines, Iowa; Ames, Iowa; Bettendorf, Iowa; Cedar Falls, Iowa; Cedar Rapids, Iowa; Dubuque, Iowa
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25127BR
- United States
Are you a driven and skilled professional in the field of geotechnical engineering? At Terracon, we're on a journey of expansion and are excited to extend an invitation to talented candidates like you to join us as a Project Geotechnical Engineer. As a key member of our team, you will play a vital role in providing exceptional geotechnical engineering and consulting services across a diverse range of projects and for a wide spectrum of clients.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to lead and contribute to various aspects of geotechnical engineering projects. This encompasses conducting and overseeing field investigations, performing meticulous engineering analyses and calculations, offering expert recommendations, and engaging in the development of detailed plans and specifications. Furthermore, your role will involve hands-on observation and inspection, the creation and review of comprehensive reports, and the assurance of compliance with plans and specifications throughout the construction process.
Our services extend to a diverse array of sectors, including public works, transportation, commercial ventures, communications, energy, and industrial projects. This broad range of possibilities allows you to gain experience and expertise across various domains, enhancing your professional growth.
If you are ready to take on a new challenge, contribute your expertise, and embark on a rewarding journey with us, then this Project Geotechnical Engineer role is your gateway. Come Explore with Us at Terracon!
The location for this position can be based out of any of the following Terracon offices: Ames, Dubuque, Cedar Rapids, Cedar Falls, Bettendorf and Des Moines.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
• Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
• Prepare proposals and reports for small and moderate sized projects of varying complexity, while adhering to Terracon’s quality standards.
• Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of projects with small to moderate size and complexity under the supervision of an Authorized Project Reviewer.
• Maintain quality standards on all projects and work closely with senior-level project managers to gain additional project management experience for more complex and larger projects.
• Interact directly with client and project team on developing scope of services, communicating project progress, make design, engineering, and construction recommendations, and deliver our findings and recommendations.
• Evaluate complex laboratory and field data and make design, engineering, and construction recommendations.
• Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
• Participate in marketing, sales and business development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.