Senior MEP Engineer
- Dallas, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 24312BR
- United States
Are you seeking exciting opportunities to showcase your expertise and make a significant impact in the Facilities Division? Look no further! Join our dynamic team and be part of our diverse range of projects and clients.
As a seasoned MEP engineering professional, you'll be responsible for a wide range of essential roles and responsibilities. You'll conduct field investigations, perform engineering analysis, develop plans and specifications, and ensure compliance with regulations. Your expertise in MEP services, building enclosures, property condition assessments, and facility condition assessments will be invaluable in supporting our clients' needs.
Your day-to-day activities will involve preparing proposals, tracking project progress, resolving design and construction problems, and effectively communicating complex engineering concepts to both technical and non-technical clients. Your safety-conscious approach and commitment to maintaining quality standards will be integral to every project's success. As a member of our team, you'll work closely with senior-level project managers, gaining valuable project management and engineering experience. You'll have the opportunity to make design recommendations, supervise field staff, and serve as a technical adviser to junior-level team members. Your contributions will play a vital role in our clients' success and the overall growth of our organization!
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Mid-level, experienced engineering professional responsible for managing and executing small to medium projects and sometimes more complex projects.
- Conducting ASHRAE Level I & II Energy Audits
- Performing retro-commissioning in commercial and institutional facilities
- Identifying and developing calculations for technical energy efficiency measures
- Develop the scope of work for projects.
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5-10 years’ experience.
- Certified Energy Manager or Accredited Qualified Commissioning Process Provider preferred.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) required and ability to obtain a registration as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration, preferred.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.