Job DescriptionGeneral Responsibilities:Are you seeking career growth opportunities to showcase your expertise and make a significant impact in the building performance sector? Looking to expand your horizons beyond traditional cookie-cutter mechanical design? Terracon has need for a Lead MEP Engineer to engage in diagnostics and performance restoration of our clients existing buildings and MEP infrastructure!
Look no further! Join our dynamic team and be part of our diverse range of projects and clients.
Your day-to-day activities will involve communicating and responding to client inquiries, preparing proposals, tracking project progress, resolving design and construction problems, and effectively communicating complex engineering concepts to both technical and non-technical clients. You'll have the opportunity to make design recommendations, supervise field staff, and serve as a technical adviser to junior-level team members.Your safety-conscious approach and commitment to maintaining quality standards will be integral to every project's success.
As a seasoned MEP engineering professional, you'll be responsible for a wide range of essential roles and responsibilities within our Facilities Consulting Service Line and specifically within our Texas Division. You'll be a leader in the diagnostics practice of MEP/Energy performance in our client’s buildings. Efforts will include field investigations, engineering analysis, development of remedial design plans and specifications, and compliance with regulations. Your expertise in MEP services, property condition assessments, and facility condition assessments will be invaluable in supporting our team and clients' needs. Engagement in national service opportunities and overall service growth will be essential.
You will join and lead a technical team of MEP professionals within our Texas Division as well as have access to the company-wide resources for environmental and building enclosure services to deliver full-service capabilities to your clients. Your contributions will play a vital role in our clients' success and the overall growth of our organization, so join us today!
The location for this position can be based out of any of the following Terracon offices: Houston, Dallas, or San Antonio.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Senior-level, experienced engineering professional responsible for managing and executing small to complex projects.
- Conducting ASHRAE Level I & II Energy Audits
- Preparing remedial design construction documents and construction phase administration.
- Performing retro-commissioning in commercial and institutional facilities.
- Identifying and developing calculations for technical energy efficiency measures.
- Develop the scope of work for projects.
- Prepare cost estimates, specifications, and other project related documents.
- Client development and management
- Technical leadership and mentoring of practice and staff.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering or similar field. Master’s degree a plus.
- Minimum 10 years’ experience.
- Registration as a Professional Engineer (PE).
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
- Certified Energy Manager or Accredited Qualified Commissioning Process Provider certification.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.