Environmental Technician II
- Dallas, Texas
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21079BR
- United States
This position will encompass the DFW Metro which includes offices in Dallas, Fort Worth and Frisco. Your base location will be open for any of those offices that is within the best proximity of your home location.
Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operates field monitoring equipment. Assists with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. May assist with asbestos surveys, abatement projects and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs standardized and sometimes complex field tests as directed and/or special inspections as required.
- Calibrate field monitoring equipment such as PID or combustible gas indicator.
- Sample suspect asbestos-containing building materials in accordance with AHERA guidelines.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of remediation systems.
- Assist drill crews in obtaining soil and groundwater samples.
- Perform oversight and air monitoring during asbestos abatement projects.
- Conduct monitoring well sampling.
- Under the direction of a staff professional, performs complex field tasks.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Certification in field of expertise required. Examples include:
- Asbestos Inspector
- Asbestos Project Monitor
- Lead Inspector
- Mold Technician
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!