Environmental Engineer - Field
- Cudahy, Wisconsin
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25485BR
- United States
Are you interested in collecting soil, groundwater, and vapor samples for site investigation and remediation projects? Do you have an interest in helping clients evaluate compliance with regulations? Do you like historical research? Do you like working in the field? Our environmental professionals provide our clients with solutions to complex subsurface problems. With an almost endless variety of project sites and a fast-paced environment, you’ll never get bored! We offer flexible working hours and benefits that help our employees work as effectively at home as in the office. We embrace technology and are leading the industry with new innovations like our “Stage1” assessments. Careers abound at Terracon and we are a family of employee owners here to support you and help you grow. If this sounds appealing to you, apply now and check us out.
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of environmental projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading environmental site investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may include Phase II environmental site assessments, regulatory compliance assessments, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Developing engineering professional; assignments are designed to develop knowledge and abilities.
- Assist in research, data collection, field observation, inspection, and field and laboratory testing. Prepare associated reports or sections of larger reports.
- Evaluate laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
- Consult with other technical people and supervisor on projects.
- May perform basic calculations and engineering analysis
- Drafts routine proposals and assists in the preparation of more complex proposals.
- Performs plan drafting using CAD software.
- Works under the supervision of a Professional Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Engineer-in-Training (EIT) or Engineering Intern (EI) designation
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.