- Concord, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20446BR
- United States
Explore with us! Are you passionate about marketing and enjoy being a part of a team?
The marketing strategist candidate will become part of a company committed to delivering success to you, your career, our clients, your community and to Terracon through our values of caring, courage, curiosity, excellence, integrity, and prosperity. We are looking for a resourceful, passionate, dedicated professional services marketing professional with a strong initiative to enhance our Northern California region marketing program! As a member of our team, you have an opportunity to collaborate with outstanding and talented engineers, scientists, and marketing and client development professionals locally, regionally, and nationwide to win new business and cultivate an outstanding client experience!
In this marketing strategist role, you will support Terracon’s Northern California region marketing strategy and pursuit efforts. You will be part of and supported by a regional marketing team (12 Marketing Professionals, 9 Client Development Professionals) and a corporate marketing business partner.
Your responsibilities will be to collaborate with your local and regional team of client development and technical professionals and manage the proposal submission and interview process from strategy and messaging, proposal management, and production to final proposal delivery to the client as well as interview support, if needed. Additional marketing responsibilities may include writing press releases; planning and coordinating local and regional trade shows and conferences; developing promotional materials; researching and tracking sales data; maintaining our Client Relationship Management system, and working with corporate marketing and communications on advertising and digital campaigns for your local market.
The ideal candidate will have proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (particularly InDesign), Microsoft Office 365, and Microsoft Dynamics 365 (CRM). Additionally, this role requires excellent organization, managing multiple technical teams, meeting strict deadlines, writing, and editing skills; and is highly self-motivated. A candidate with professional services marketing experience in the engineering, architecture, or construction field is preferred.
Detailed Role and Responsibilities:
- Schedules and conducts project kick-off meetings with pursuit champions and/or project managers and other pursuit team members to strategize for a winning proposal and/or presentation utilizing a pursuit/proposal management plan
- Works with other regional marketing professionals and the corporate marketing business partner to share best practices, information, and load level
- Research, gather, write and edit proposal materials, including project experience, existing boilerplate resumes, etc., as well as verify proposal information and format
- Ensure the various proposal aspects (brand, key messages, technical scope, staff qualifications and experience, biographical data, etc.) and other content meets requirements and are accurate, timely and well-written
- Monitor lead services and other media sources for pertinent information relative to specific pursuits
- Partner with client development professionals and pursuit teams to develop client and pursuit strategy and capture plans
- Lead the process of editing and customizing professional and technical staff resumes and project capsules, tailoring content to match proposal/qualification requests and related documents
- Coordinate events, trade shows, and conferences, including planning, collateral, swag, and registration for participant activities
- Assist with major pursuits, supporting pursuit champion, team leader, and/or marketing manager
- Participate and sometimes lead regular marketing meetings with client development professionals, project and department managers, supervisors, and others that contribute to executing marketing, communications and client development plans locally and regionally
- Follows safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all activities
- Writes, publishes, or coordinates activity on social media platforms
- This position is based in Northern California and occasional travel between the Oakland, Concord, Sacramento, Sonoma, Monterey, and Lodi offices may be required. The Concord East Bay area is preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related degree and 3+ years marketing and communications experience. Alternatively, in lieu of a degree, 5 years related experience.
- Prior experience with public agency proposal submittals and public sector statement of qualification submittals within the architecture, engineering, and construction industry
- Master's degree in marketing, communications, or related degree and 5+ years marketing and communications experience.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!