Geotechnical Project Geologist
- Concord, California; Sacramento, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25012BR
- United States
Come explore with us! Terracon is seeking a Geotechnical Project Geologist to join our team.
The location for this position can be based out of any of the following Terracon offices: Concord, CA or Sacramento, CA
Evaluate and interpret subsurface field and sampling data including soil and groundwater to develop conclusions concerning the geotechnical and geologic site conditions. Generate subsurface maps and cross-sections and collaborate with geotechnical engineering staff on projects. Oversee field monitoring and testing of soils including boring investigations and soil type classification. Interpret soil, bedrock and groundwater elevation and quality data. Prepare written plans and reports related to site investigations, assessments and remediation activities. Projects may include construction projects focusing on earthwork and structural foundations; well design and sampling; geologic hazard assessments; and seismic risk assessments.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Career level, fully competent Geologist responsible for planning, scheduling, conducting or coordinating detailed phases of work for part of a major project or total of a project of moderate scope and complexity.
- May devise new approaches to problems encountered.
- Serve as a team leader in medium projects and mentor junior level Geologists.
- Performs scientific analyses on projects of own discipline.
- May attend on and off-site client meetings.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test and collect data and/or document site activities.
- Responsible for developing written proposals to clients for both small and large projects including quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluates complex laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports.
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology or related field and a minimum of 7 years' related experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Certification in field of expertise.
- Registered as a Professional Geologist (PG) in California
- Ability to obtain registration as a Certified Engineering Geologist (CEG). In California
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$90500 - $140300 annually
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.