Job DescriptionDo you enjoy being on the move during your day-to-day? If so, come, “Explore with us”! Terracon has exciting career opportunities for those who have an interest in buildings and how they operate. Our California locations are looking for Building/Facilities Assessors to support our client’s efforts to optimize building and asset performance. Our assessors travel regularly to see and assess various building and facility sites throughout the Western US. When joining our team your expertise will be a part of a large asset management program where results matter. This remote position can be based out of any of our California offices in the SoCal Metro or East Bay areas. As a Facilities Assessor you will perform inspections on large, complex, and diverse buildings/facilities requiring expertise and knowledge in multiple areas of construction to identify inventory and asses the condition of individual facility systems and building components.Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow Terracon safety policies; including but not limited to, participate in pre-task planning, participate in daily safety check-ins while in the field, reporting any safety issues or concerns, utilizing provided personal protection equipment (PPE), and following project specific safety protocols. Encourage other Terracon staff in safe work practices.
- Travel from local office to field locations as assigned. Many projects require overnight stays in or near field locations.
- Perform visual inspections as directed in accordance with training and specified procedures to inventory and assess the condition of facility systems and components.
- Review construction as-built drawings, performing take-off measurements and documenting quantities.
- Interact with clients, facility occupants, and other facility personnel to coordinate work and identify underlying condition of facility systems.
- Inventory facility systems. Accurately classify, quantify, and rate the condition of facility systems as assigned.
- Identify and document observable deficiencies in facility systems.
- Estimate costs for replacements, refurbishments, and repairs to address or mitigate deficiencies observed in facility systems, using Terracon’s estimating sources.
- Provide clear documentation of findings and results of inspections utilizing various mobile and computer software solutions.
- Perform basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicate information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Associates or bachelor’s degree in Facilities Management, Construction Management, Construction Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Civil Engineering, Architecture, or related field. And up to 5 years’ industry experience. Or in lieu of degree 4 years of related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Understanding of use of mobile tablet and phone devices
- Proficient in Microsoft Software including Excel and Word.
- Ability to walk for long periods of time 6 to 8 hours a day.
- Educational or experienced understanding in one or more of the following:
- Facility asset inventory and equipment inventory
- Facility condition assessment
- Building life safety code compliance
- Building Enclosure Systems, such as exterior walls, windows, doors, roof systems
- Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning Systems
- Building and Site Electrical Systems
- Building and Site Plumbing Systems
- Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) compliance assessment
- ASHRAE Levels I and II energy audits
- Preventive Maintenance Planning
- Building trade experience and certifications will be considered.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.COVID-19 Safety ResponseCommitted to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs