- Columbia, South Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22947BR
- United States
As an Archaeologist with Terracon, you will be responsible for conducting archaeological field evaluations; conducting laboratory analysis; consulting with state and federal agencies, tribal groups, and other stakeholders; performing National Register evaluations for archaeological sites; completing site forms; preparing reports; and other duties, as necessary. This position may also require assistance with preparing other environmental consulting projects as assigned. Must be able to work in physically demanding field conditions. Frequent overnight travel will be required.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- May conduct site testing and make National Register recommendations
- May serve as team leader on projects and help train junior level staff.
- May assist more senior level Scientists on larger, more complex projects.
- Performs work that involves conventional practice but may include a variety of complex features.
- Performs site visits, field observations and field data collection and/or field assignments.
- May serve as team member or lead in meetings and communications with client pertaining to specific projects/tasks.
- Implements technical requirements to complete client projects by directing and supervising field staff to sample, test, and collect data and/or document on-site activities at various client sites.
- Evaluates laboratory and field data and assembles in written reports.
- In accordance with company procedures, approves or prepares reports for relatively complex projects, making appropriate recommendations as necessary.
- Master’s degree or above
- Minimum of two years of experience (preferably in the U.S.)
- RPA Preferred
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.