Traveling - Construction Observer - REMOTE
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 19424BR
- United States
Explore with us! Terracon's Cincinnati, OH Facilities Team is looking for a Construction Observer to travel nationally to various projects. This is a REMOTE opportunity for someone in the OH, KY, or IN region.
As a Traveling Construction Observer you will provide on-site observations of various roofing projects through photographic documentation. These projects include all major roofing components for different systems, including, but not limited to single ply, built up roof (BUR), metal panel, and shingles. Through visual observation, confirm installation compliance with project documents. Client deliverables include daily reports describing all roofing activities performed and pre-final/final reports documenting punch-list items.
- Client and contractor communication
- Terracon Liaison between client and roofing contractor – Be eyes and ears of project
- Preconstruction documentation of site conditions – Inspect materials delivered to job sites for compliance with contract specifications and confirm construction materials are aligned with approved submittals using photographic documentation
- Full time onsite roofing observation with photographic documentation
- Review project plans, specs, details, and submittals
- Perform final inspections and develop a punch-list identifying items out of compliance and/or incomplete/incorrect installations
- Prior to leaving the site each day, perform inspection to verify water-tight seal is achieved
- Email communication on daily activities
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management
- Responsible for completing daily and final observation reports
- Complete daily progress map
- Contact client and document when unforeseen conditions arise, and/or roofing contractor deviates from the project plans and specifications
- 1-5 years of construction roofing experience
- Registered Roof Observer (ROO) preferred
- Construction Observation experience preferred
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- High School Diploma
- Travel nationally 80%
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!