Senior Construction Inspector
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26089BR
- United States
Perform inspection on large, complex and diverse projects requiring expertise and knowledge in multiple areas of construction inspection and oversee the work of other testing and inspection personnel.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs testing, observation, and inspection as directed in accordance with training and the specified procedures to determine if work is done according to contract specifications.
- Read and interpret construction drawings and specifications.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Prepare inspection reports and document nonconformance.
- Performs basic analysis of data to verify accuracy before communication and submittal to the Project Manager.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and other personnel as directed by the Project Manager.
- May interact with client and other site personnel to provide input on appropriate resolution of findings.
- May assist Project Manager in development of scope for testing and inspection services
- Coordinate pre-dispatch activities with Project, Department, and/or Office Managers.
- Maintains equipment operation and calibration.
- Lead, provide direction and may coordinate activities of lower level inspectors.
- Performs advanced fieldwork and assists with project management.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Performs pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Associates degree in Civil Engineering Technology or Construction Engineering Technology preferred.
- Minimum 4-6 years’ experience in construction inspection.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Successful completion of related internal safety certifications.
- NICET Level II certification in Construction Materials Testing (Asphalt, Concrete, Soils).
- NICET Level II certification in Geotechnical (Construction, Laboratory, Exploration, Generalist)
- ICC certification (Reinforced Concrete, Spray-applied Fireproofing, Structural Masonry, Prestressed/Post-Tensioned Concrete, Structural Steel – Bolting, Structural Steel – Welding).
- American Welding Society (AWS) Certified Welding Inspector (CWI)
- American Society for Nondestructive Testing (ASNT) Level II certification (Visual Testing (VT), Magnetic Particle Testing (MT), Dye Penetrant Testing (PT), Radiographic Testing (RT), Ultrasonic Testing (UT)).
- Other national, regional, state, and local Materials related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
- ACI certification* in one or more of the following areas:
- Concrete Field Testing Technician Grade I
- Concrete Strength Testing Technician
- Certified in radiation safety and Nuclear Density Gauge operation.**
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.