Senior Building Enclosure Engineer or Architect
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20623BR
- United States
Terracon is looking for a Senior Civil Engineer or Architect with previous building enclosure experience to join our facilities team in Cincinnati, OH. This position is responsible for leading and supporting all Building Enclosure projects for this office. Supervise or monitor all projects in progress in this department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client's requirements and within company policies, procedures, and standards. Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing.
Review, diagnose and develop repair/restoration solutions for the built environment. This includes all major components and systems of buildings related to the building enclosure and other related infrastructure. Clients include institutional, government, municipal, healthcare, retail, architects, general contractors, and others. Projects range from conditional assessments to detailed evaluations of building enclosure systems including components and cladding, roofs, facades, plaza deck and below grade waterproofing systems. Assessment techniques include visual examination, non-destructive testing, laboratory testing, and destructive examinations. Client deliverables range from reports to third-party review, findings and recommendations to development of restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and formal presentations of qualifications to clients on various projects in area of expertise.
- Senior level professional who acts as a resource and specialist for building enclosure projects including building enclosure consulting, BECx (commissioning) and building enclosure testing.
- Manages, leads and/or consults on large, complex or unique projects.
- Leads building enclosure group and assists in building local team related to building enclosure work.
- Capable of analyzing all technical aspects of subject area, defining scope and selecting problems for investigation, developing novel concepts and approaches, and recommending solutions.
- Identifies potential clients in need of consulting expertise and sells the services of the company to those clients. Identifies building enclosure opportunities in the regional area and works with local and other staff to develop proposals and statements of qualifications.
- Provides leadership, technical direction/expertise, and training to all staff under direction while performing on client projects.
- Holds leadership role in national professional organizations, including authoring technical papers and delivery of presentations.
- Actively pursues IIBEC and/or Building Enclosure Commissioning certifications.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Plans and participates in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- With support from the Office Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, and selection.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on all projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage Authorized Project Reviewer on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in Building Science, Engineering, or Architecture.
- 10+ years’ experience in Building Enclosure services.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Professional Engineer (PE) or Architectural (RA) registration.
- One of the following: Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), Registered Building Enclosure Consultant (RBEC), Building Enclosure Commissioning Process Provider (BECxP), and/or LEED AP
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!