On-site Facilities Superintendent
- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 19428BR
- United States
Terracon's Cincinnati, OH Facilities team is looking for a On-site Facilities Superintendent to support construction projects within the Ohio and Kentucky region.
Manage the day-to-day field operations for construction projects at assigned facilities within the Ohio and Kentucky region. Provide the on-site leadership, oversite, and direction to safely deliver a quality project within the schedule and budget. Troubleshoot and resolve operational problems to minimize impacts and delays to the project schedule. Maintain specific, organized, and detailed project records that thoroughly document the progress or each project, and accurately relay this information back to the project team. Work closely with the Project Manager, other project team members, and the client to ensure the success of each project. Promote Terracon’s IIF culture and maintain rigid safety standards set forth in each project.
- Represent Terracon as the on-site field leader for any given construction project with-in the Ohio/Kentucky region
- Act as site safety advisor while also maintaining project progress
- Conduct daily safety meetings that relate to the days upcoming tasks
- Coordinate and/or conduct pre-task planning meetings to ensure that upcoming constructions activities are performed safely and efficiently
- Assist the Project Manager with preparing and maintaining the construction schedule, and identifying and/or solving problems that may impede schedule/quality/cost
- Identify and schedule testing agencies for required construction testing as necessary
- Generate and oversee construction documentation
- Daily field forms
- Daily safety forms
- Collection of safety data sheets (SDS)
- Observe and document daily construction activities
- All additional job/site specific documentation
- Generate Daily Reports documenting construction progress
- Record and generate onsite project meeting agenda and minutes
- Complete final punch list for timely building turnover
- Ensure all close-out documents meet required formatting and are completed on schedule
- Verify the construction activity is in accordance with the plans and specifications
- Verify all products being used onsite have been approved with-in the submittal log
- Coordinate and relay communication between the subcontractor and project team
- Track and generate construction as-builts
- Track all submittals/RFI’s by receiving them from the subcontractor and forwarding them to the designer/engineer for review
- Communicate the status of submittals/RFI’s through their respective logs with the project team
Keys to Success:
- Over Communication – We must over communicate all aspects of the project. We must have all documentation accurate.
- Pre-task Planning – Many obstacles and issues can be mitigated by performing pre-task planning
- Coordination – The contractor may only perform tasks that are in their field of expertise
- Scheduling – Terracon incorporates Liquidated Damages so maintaining an accurate schedule is required
- Proactive Responses – Terracon must be proactive and not reactive
- Foresight – Terracon must get out in front of any issues to help minimize the impact to the project schedule/budget
- Sticking to the Plan – Many individuals are impacted by our construction. Maintaining an accurate plan is required
- 1-5 years construction observation experience
- Bachelor’s degree in environmental, safety, engineering, or construction management is preferred
- High School Diploma
- Ability to read and interpret all design drawings and specifications
- Strong oral and written communication skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office is required
- 25% Travel – OH, KY, IN
- Valid drivers license
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!