- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20332BR
- United States
Terracon's Cincinnati, OH office is looking for a Scheduler/Dispatcher to join their team of employee-owners. This position will be responsible for daily scheduling and dispatching construction materials testing technicians to construction sites. To be successful in the role you must have strong communication skills as you are required to communicate with clients, contractors, project managers, and technicians via email, text, and phone. Good organizational skills with the ability to multi-task, and excellent computer skills are a must In addition, this position is responsible for report preparation, invoice generation, data gathering, training requirements, and general office duties (filing, copying, etc.). Our Dispatcher/Scheduler plays a critical role in the performance of our field operations and is a position that requires a mature, reliable, and flexible person. If you are someone who works well under pressure, can be a problem solver, and has the willingness to help when needed we want to talk to you.
- Schedule and coordinate day-to-day activities for technicians.
- Become familiar with the services provided by Terracon and understand the ability and level of each technician in order to assign the appropriate technician for a specific task. The technicians go out to job sites to test and/or do inspections for soils, concrete, asphalt, masonry, reinforcing steel, etc.
- Able to strategize and organize the schedule of technicians to provide the most efficient use of their time and skills without compromising quality.
- Provides moderate to complex administrative support for the construction materials testing department including report preparation, invoice generation, and data gathering.
- Participate in training, and scheduling training for new hires.
- Track the training of existing technicians and schedule re-certification of technicians.
- Keep up-to-date records of training, certification, and other developmental programs.
- Answers telephones, screen calls, and forward messages. Strong communication is required.
- Assist with the project setup, creating invoices, and following up with clients on collections
- Performs various administrative support activities as assigned by their manager
- Assist with Fleet drivers and maintenance
- Follow safety rules, guidelines, and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 3 years' relevant experience.
- Valid driver's license with acceptable violation history.
- Construction Materials Testing experience or commercial construction experience preferred.
- Good organizational skills
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Promote Safety Culture within the company
- Proactive, solid communication skills
- Willing to take calls on evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Adaptable to dynamic schedule
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!