- Cincinnati, Ohio
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22312BR
- United States
comprehensive knowledge of the microstructural characteristics, analytical tools and consensus standards used to evaluate concrete, concrete aggregate, and cementitious materials. They will be required to understand and have the ability to identify the common deterioration mechanisms of cementitious material composites in a variety of environmental exposure conditions. It is imperative that candidates have experience using a stereo-optical microscope, polarized light microscope, and scanning electron microscope (SEM) with energy dispersive spectroscopy (EDS). Good communication skills, intellectual curiosity, problem-solving abilities, and a strong motivation to learn, grow, and teach are essential for this position.
- Carry out investigations of concrete and aggregate according to ASTM C856, ASTM C1723, ASTM C457, ASTM C295, ASTM C1324 and other standard or novel methods and draft comprehensive reports of their findings
- Provide technical direction and training to less experienced professional staff
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk; be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines; responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices; promote pre-task planning for all projects
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects; monitor quality standards and practices
- Bachelor’s degree in Geology, Hydrogeology, Physical Science, or Civil Engineering; Master’s degree preferred
- Minimum 9 years of related experience
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the composition and structure of concrete materials at a microscopic and structural level and be well trained to identify common deterioration mechanisms
- Possess a good working knowledge of factors affecting and contributing to durability issues of cementitious material systems and be able to identify them
- Understanding of factors that affect the performance of concrete materials and how the microscopic characteristics are affected by those factors is preferred
- Willingness to work a flexible schedule when required to meet project needs
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.