Archaeological Field Technician III
- Chicago, Illinois
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21896BR
- United States
- Independently perform routine field tasks associated with excavation, including documenting and cataloging, note taking, photographic documentation.
- Participate in and support routine laboratory tasks including washing and cataloging artifacts, creating inventories, processing records and associated documents.
- Conduct background research including accessing the Sites Atlas and other on-line information resources.
- Understands and can help complete curation requirements.
- Contribute to reporting by creating intelligible, technically appropriate written content.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- College degree in Anthropology or closely related field (i.e. archology)
- Previous field and laboratory experience including the equivalent of at least 1 year of full-time job experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Ability to travel overnight, sometimes for multiple consecutive days.
- Ability to clearly express technical information in written format.
- Graduate degree; demonstrable familiarity with at least one artifact material category; active participation in a regional or national archeological society or other professional association.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.