Geotechnical Project Engineer
- Cheyenne, Wyoming
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25334BR
- United States
Explore with us!! Terracon is seeking a Geotechnical Project Engineer to join our growing office in Cheyenne, WY. Cheyenne is a family-friendly city, big enough to meet your needs yet has a small-town feel with lots to do for the outdoor enthusiast. A life lived in Cheyenne is a great life lived indeed!
As a Geotechnical Project Engineer, you will provide engineering and consulting services for various projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading field evaluations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and writing, preparing, and reviewing related reports for the services provided. Review drawings and construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications. Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress, budgets, and recommend changes. Research and resolve design and construction problems. Assign, review, and evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
Typical projects the Wyoming office serves include energy, data, oil & gas, commercial, educational, and many more. In addition, this position has the opportunity to provide technical mentorship for various levels of engineers and geologists and work with a large engineering team across the region.
We provide engineering and consulting services for various projects and clients. This may include:
- Perform and/or lead field evaluations, engineering analysis, calculations, and recommendations,
- Design and development of plans and specifications,
- Observation, inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided.
- Review drawings and construction to ensure compliance with plans and specifications.
- Prepare proposals and cost estimates, track and evaluate project progress and budgets, and recommend changes.
- Research and resolve design and construction problems.
- Evaluate laboratory or field data for inclusion in reports. Apply sound engineering principles and communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams.
- Services may be provided for existing or proposed projects in the public works, transportation, commercial, communications, energy, and/or industrial sectors.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Maintain quality standards on all projects.
- Career level, fully competent engineering professional responsible for managing detailed phases of projects with moderate size and complexity.
- Independently perform a variety of projects or selected segments of larger projects.
- Plan, schedule, conduct, and/or coordinate detailed phases of assigned project work.
- Work closely with senior-level project managers/engineers to gain additional project management and technical experience for more complex and larger projects.
- Make design, engineering, and construction recommendations, adaptations and modifications.
- Perform quality control review of proposals written by others.
- Evaluate complex laboratory and field data for inclusion in reports.
- Serve as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
- Interact directly with client and project team on developing the scope of services, and communicating project progress, findings, and recommendations.
- Write and prepare routine and complex engineering reports detailing services provided, findings, and recommendations.
- Participate in marketing, sales and business development.
- Supervise graduate, field and project engineering staff.
- Work under the supervision of an Authorized Project Reviewer/Senior Engineer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering.
- Minimum 5-8 years experience.
- Master’s degree in Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration or ability to obtain within 12 months.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.