Project Facilities Professional - Due Diligence
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 22514BR
- United States
Diagnose and develop repair/restoration solutions for the built environment. This includes all major components and systems of buildings and other infrastructure. Projects range from property condition assessments to detailed evaluations of structural systems, roofs, facades, plaza deck and below grade waterproofing systems, MEP systems, pavements, industrial floors, and construction materials. Assessment techniques include, visual examination, non-destructive testing, instrumentation and load testing, laboratory testing, and destructive examinations. Client deliverables range from reports of findings and recommendations to development of restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Career level Facilities professional responsible for managing complex, detailed portfolios and projects.
- Independently performs a variety of projects.
- Plans, schedules, conducts and/or coordinates assessments, inspections and testing of property, buildings and roofs.
- Makes recommendations, adaptations and modifications.
- Serves as a technical adviser to junior-level project team members.
- Interacts directly with client and project team on developing scope of services, communicating project progress and findings and recommendations.
- Prepares routine and complex client deliverables.
- Prepares or oversees preparation of client proposals and related cost estimates.
- Active in local/regional technical and business organizations.
- Participates in professional and technical presentations and authors technical papers.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in building science or related building field and 7-10 years’ experience in facility assessment. Or, in lieu of a degree, 11-14 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Registered Roof Consultant (RRC), Registered Waterproofing Consultant (RWC), and at least one other relevant certification (RBEC, BECxP, LEED AP)
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.