Group Manager Building Enclosure Testing
- Charlotte, North Carolina
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 26020BR
- United States
- Safety and Promoting an IIF Culture
- Mentoring Carolina’s Facilities Staff and other personnel involved in Testing
- Maintaining good relationships coordinating and working with other departments, offices, divisions, and operating groups.
- Develop specification mining and implementation procedures for evaluating testing opportunities withing the region.
- Maintains calibration records and equipment maintenance and responsibility for ensuring records are up to date and equipment is maintained/replaced appropriately.
- Deliver training programs using a variety of instructional techniques and formats including presentations, group trainings, and videos.
- Define learning needs, determine gaps, and identify potential interventions to achieve performance objectives.
- Partner with colleagues to develop training resources designed to equip new and existing employees and outside participants with the skills and competencies needed for success
- Create and update content for existing and new classes that may include specific reading, dynamic and accurate slide presentation, individual and group exercises, course handouts and hands-on simulation exercises, and videos.
- Create post-training follow up including job aids.
- Develop surveys and other methods of evaluating trainings and recommend changes to training offerings, training content and training methods as appropriate.
- Analyze and evaluate training results. Assess training effectiveness by monitoring performance, soliciting input from managers and employees, etc.
- Establish own schedule for teaching preparation and classroom audio-visual content development.
- Work alongside Department Managers to establish staffing needs and actively participate in the hiring process for staff who will be responsible for testing.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for preparation of proposals and cost estimates.
- With support from the Department/Office manager perform business and client development activities.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager prepare and execute annual business plan for the specialty service group.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager oversee and manage the success of the key group metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 5 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.