Senior Environmental Engineer
- Charleston, West Virginia
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25884BR
- United States
Provide engineering and consulting services for a broad array of environmental projects and clients. This may include performing and/or leading environmental site investigations, engineering analysis, calculations and recommendations, design and development of plans and specifications, observation and inspection, and the writing, preparation, and review of related reports for the services provided. Identify, evaluate and recommend risk and remediation strategies/designs to ensure compliance with federal, state and local regulations. Prepare applicable permit applications, risk assessments and technical documents including proposals, reports and regulatory agency correspondence. Design systems and environmental protection plans. Apply sound engineering principles and be able to communicate complex engineering issues and concepts to technical and non-technical clients and project teams. Services may include Phase I/II environmental site assessments, ecological and natural resource field surveys, tank closure assessments, asbestos abatement, storm water management, and site planning and permitting.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices.
- Senior level environmental engineering professional responsible for leading complex or unique projects Supervise the analysis and formation of recommendations in written reports.
- Supervise the analysis and formation of recommendations in written reports.
- Assist in establishing and updating current policies/ procedures for technical projects in field of expertise, to ensure proper interpretation and implementation by subordinate staff.
- Provide technical direction and training to less experience professional staff.
- Participate in the development of marketing strategies and presentations of qualifications to clients on projects.
- Serves as an Authorized Project Reviewer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or related degree.
- Minimum 8-11 years’ experience.
- Master’s degree in Environmental Engineering preferred.
- Professional Engineer (PE) registration.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Authorized Project Reviewer status preferred.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.