Solar Group Manager
- Cedar Rapids, Iowa
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 21143BR
- United States
This Group Manager role will be involved with Terracon’s Solar Pile Testing program. Direct, daily management of solar test pile installation equipment and crew(s). Supervise projects in progress in the department to ensure that work is executed on time and in accordance with the client’s requirements and within company policies. Supervise the preparation of proposals and cost estimates to clients to ensure proper scoping of services, availability of manpower and pricing to achieve desired profitability. Supervise the daily operations of the pile driving department including staffing, training, development, performance review, utilization of equipment, safety oversight, quality of services and work product, timely delivery of services and deliverables, and adherence to policies and procedure. Plan for and participate in business development activities to identify, develop, win, and execute project opportunities and build and maintain client relationships.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Creating work schedules and coordinating with project managers.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager develop and manage employee staffing plans, recruitment, selection and on-boarding.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager prepare and execute annual business plan for the specialty service group.
- With support from the Department/Office Manager oversee and manage the success of the key group metrics of revenue growth, staff chargeability, project billing and collections, and project profitability.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project-related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrates safety practices.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree in technical discipline practiced by the Firm including Engineering, Environmental Science or Geology and 5 years’ practice experience. Or in lieu of a degree, minimum of 9 years’ related experience.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history. (CDL-A preferred)
- Safety: Commitment to make safety a priority and hold self and fellow co-workers responsible for following core safety rules and practices.
- Client Focus: Building strong client relationships and delivering client-centric solutions.
- Resourcefulness: Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Directs Work: Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Drives Results: Consistently achieving results, even under tough circumstances.
- Collaborates: Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Drives Engagement: Creates a climate where people are motivated to do their best to help the organization achieve its objectives.
- Communicates Effectively: Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Demonstrates Self-Awareness: Using a combination of feedback and reflection to gain productive insight into personal strengths and weaknesses.
- Situational Adaptability: Adapting approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations.
- Certification or licensure in a field of expertise.
- 3-5 years management experience preferred.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.