Terracon is looking for students in the civil or construction degree programs who might be interested in a summer internship. Internships run from May-August. Co-Ops are also available that run from May to December.
Here are some exciting details about our internship program:
The Terracon internship programs will support our Materials service line. In this program, you will take part in an exciting, fun, and meaningful work experience as you work alongside some of the brightest engineering minds and state-of-the-art technology in the materials engineering industry. You will not only learn and advance technically but will also be provided with opportunities for professional development. You will be assigned a leader/mentor in the materials engineering field. The mentor will help you with career planning along with technical skill development. You will learn how our line of business interacts with the client and how we differ from design engineers. You will learn what consulting engineering is all about!
You will also have the opportunity to participate in a cohort. The cohort is a way for you to connect with other interns across the company, and learn about their experiences. This is also a great way for you to start building your professional network! At the end of the summer, your cohort will present to our executive leadership team.
You will learn how to:
Topics will include project management, project execution, and client development.
- Effectively write a proposal
- Provide a high level of client experience to our clients
- Correctly manage change orders
- Execute projects safely, accurately, and profitably
By working closely with your mentor and our experienced technicians, you will have hands on experience:
- Learning site safety and safe work practices
- Performing sampling or testing as directed.
- Providing assistance to other field and/or laboratory personnel
- Transporting equipment, specimens or documents to field personnel, laboratory, clients or other offices, and providing physical assistance in equipment set-up.
- Assisting technicians or professional staff on routine tasks
- Learning industry standard proposals and report writing practices
- Be exposed to client interaction
- Understanding test procedures (ASTM, DOT, COE, etc.)
- Preparing reports
- Learning how to communicate test results to clients
- Learning about laboratory organization, scheduling, and efficiency
- Learn about quality management systems and procedures
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.EEO Statement
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.