Engineering Technician I
- Carson, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25446BR
- United States
Perform field testing. Communicate with project manager, engineering technicians, client representative, contractor’s representative and others as applicable regarding the construction site, project requirements, and testing, observation, and inspection requirements and results. Tabulate, prepare, and submit data and observation in the form of written and digital reports as work is performed for daily transmittal to the Terracon Project Manager. Maintain and clean equipment, vehicles and work areas. May assist with scheduling and dispatch of Technicians to project sites. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Under close supervision of higher level technicians or staff professionals, assist on tasks and perform basic testing and observations duties.
- Provides clear documentation of findings and results.
- Communicates information to Project Manager and discusses accuracy of data in preparation for submittal.
- Submits documentation and communicates results as directed by the Project Manager
- Will be placed in a progressively increased role of training and responsibility in work assignments.
- Maintains assigned equipment.
- Follow safety rules and practices and other safety requirements for all projects. Perform pre-task planning prior to executing work. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
The expected salary range for this position is listed below. The base range may be adjusted based on the specific location of the applicant. Final agreed upon compensation is based upon individual qualifications and experience.
$19.25 - $27.00 per hour
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.