Accessibility-Focused Senior Facilities Professional
- Carson, California
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20593BR
- United States
CASp Certified Professional
Are you passionate about elevating your Career? Terracon is growing, and we are hiring a CASp Certified Professional in the Los Angeles area. In this role you will be responsible for providing consulting services for accessibility assessment, review and leadership for a wide range of clients nationally, with an emphasis on California work. This includes assessment of existing buildings and structures for accessibility compliance with California and other national codes. Specifically provides CASp level surveys of existing buildings, designs for new buildings, and provides internal consulting/support for Project Managers with CASp related projects, questions and evaluations. Provides leadership in establishing a strong accessibility team with Terracon and provides expert knowledge during reviews. Client deliverables range from reports of findings and recommendations to working with an AE team to develop restoration design documents and construction oversight/administration. Remediation may include the correction of accessibility related issues identified at a project.
If your passion lies in working on projects that help grow and develop your community, and if you're interested in belonging to an employee-owned organization that allows us to set our course together and benefit when our hard work creates financial success, then Terracon is your kind of company! We share your passion.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Senior level facilities professional who acts as a resource and specialist and has direct client responsibility from initial contact to project close out.
- Manages, leads or consults on large, complex or unique projects, providing coordination and oversight of multiple team members, some of whom may not have accessibility knowledge.
- Manages the flow of new projects for the local area and is responsible for assignment to internal staff depending on location of project, client schedule, staff availability, and level of accessibility expertise required.
- Capable of analyzing all technical aspects of accessibility compliance, properly interpret accessibility codes, maintains a current knowledge of various code requirements and changes, developing novel concepts and approaches during remediation, and recommending solutions.
- Provide client/project support during accessibility litigation and act as expert witness.
- Participates in the development of marketing strategies and formal presentations of accessibility qualifications to clients.
- Identifies potential clients in need of accessibility consulting expertise and sells the services of the company to those clients.
- Provides leadership and training to all staff under direction.
- Holds leadership roles in national/international professional organizations, including authoring technical papers and delivery of presentations.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- Mentor and support internal staff members who are preparing to take the CASp examination.
- CASp certification.
- Bachelor’s degree in facilities management, architecture, engineering, building science or related building field and 5+ years’ experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 8+ years’ related experience.
- Master’s degree preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Regional Travel (AZ, CA, OR, WA) will be required in support of projects. Limited national travel may also be required.
- Preference given to individuals with an architectural or engineering license.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!