Remediation Construction Services Certified Operator
- Carlsbad, New Mexico
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 25363BR
- United States
Support a team of laborers performing environmental remediation construction services by operating heavy and light equipment. Perform site reconnaissance and confirm locations have met all utility clearance requirements. Work may include the use of various excavators, backhoes, dozers, skidsteers, graders, loaders, scrapers, compactors, earth hauling equipment, and other heavy equipment. Services will take place in the field on client sites.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Operates heavy equipment and light equipment (Excavator, Dozer, Motor Graders, Skid Steer, Backhoe, Wheel Loader, Compactor, Water Truck)
- Provide oversight on a project site to skilled and unskilled laborers in the performance of remediation construction services.
- Prepares daily field reports for current projects.
- Maintain operational integrity of equipment by performing pre-shift and post-shift safety inspections and complete daily equipment reports.
- Regularly communicate with Foremen to provide up to date information on project status.
- Meets with utility companies to verify that locations are clear of underground utilities, and conduct any required inspections.
- Attend and participate in project meetings, including client and subcontractor meetings.
- May act as a dispatcher or coordinator to lower level remediation construction teams, scheduling work and maintaining production with equipment assigned to staff.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Minimum of 8+ years of experience
- Computer knowledge and efficiency, including Microsoft Office products.
- Strong decision making/problem solving skills.
- Excellent time management and organizational skills.
- OSHA trenching and excavation training, including guidelines, requirements and regulations.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- For Remediation Construction projects, CDL, TWIC and DOT medical card preferred.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.