Office Manager I
- Carlsbad, New Mexico
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 20651BR
- United States
Manage and direct all activities (administrative and technical) of an engineering consulting office. This includes profit/loss management, employee supervision, project management, quality control, health and safety oversight, client relations and development, and new business development. Responsible for general leasehold improvements, project and office equipment, and proper utilization of all personnel. Develop and/or review all contracts and proposals prepared by the office; verify technical and financial provisions and ensure manpower budgets are sufficient to complete the contracted work and render a profit. May have administrative and technical department managers to support specific functions and operations of the office.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Oversee a small office supporting a one or more service lines. Office may be considered a satellite location.
- Focus will be directed to management of specific projects and employee utilization for projects.
- Review contracts and proposals prepared by office personnel.
- Monitor job status reports and coordinate projects with staff.
- May participate with corporate marketing to maintain client contacts for future development of new business.
- Develop understanding and be aware of project related risk. Be familiar with what could go wrong on a project and how to protect the Company. Be familiar with company risk policies.
- Lead safety efforts for team and ensure team follows safety rules and guidelines. Responsible for creating and modeling a safe work environment; demonstrate safety practices. Promote pre-task planning for all projects.
- Promote continuous quality monitoring and improvement on projects. Monitor quality standards and practices. Engage APRs on projects at their onset.
- Bachelor’s degree and 8 years’ practice experience. Or, in lieu of a degree, a minimum of 12 years’ related experience.
- Prior management experience preferred.
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Certification or licensure in field of expertise.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned consulting engineering firm providing quality services to clients. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon currently has more than 5,000 employees in more than 150 offices with services available in all 50 states. Terracon’s growth is due to valued employees exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.
COVID-19 Safety Response
Committed to Our Employee Safety!
Terracon is passionate about your safety before, during, and after the COVID-19 pandemic. As Terracon continues to move forward and grow through this time, we are continuing to take every precaution to ensure the safety of our employee-owners. If you are as committed to your success as we are committed to your safety, then Terracon is the company for you!
Our goal has not changed. For Terracon, our guiding principle has been and will continue to be the safety of our employee-owners. It’s that simple. We want our employees to be able to work safely in every situation and go home safely each night. As we continue our vision of being “Best at People,” here are some of the things Terracon is doing to safeguard every employee-owner:
- On-going communication with ALL employee-owners on a dedicated COVID Response page, and a portal for their families to have access to resources as well
- Requiring specific COVID-19 Pre-Task Safety Planning Protocols for all tasks and projects
- Empowering employees to speak up and say “no” to working in unsafe conditions
- Providing an additional 40 hours of sick leave to anyone impacted by COVID-19, including those impacted by daycare and school closures
- Offering voluntary reduced work schedule for anyone needing extra time to care for others
- Load leveling work assignments across regions to maintain high productivity and chargeability
- Ensuring proper PPE and sanitation on all project sites by providing field employee-owners with mobile hand washing stations and supplies, masks, and sanitizing kits
- Utilizing technology for more remote work opportunities and innovation using everything from video conferencing to drones
- Following all CDC guidelines including social distancing on job sites, in offices, and in our labs
- Implementing a stand-by leave program to ensure our employees continue service and health insurance benefits during regional work shortages
If your passion lies in working with a company that truly cares for your safety, and if you’re interested in belonging to a 100% employee-owned organization that will help you grow and quickly progress in your career, consider Terracon and apply today!