Environmental Technician II
- Carlsbad, New Mexico
- Regular, Full Time
- Job ID 23928BR
- United States
Perform tests and sampling of environmental materials including air, groundwater, building materials, and noise. Operates field monitoring equipment. Assists with operation and maintenance of remediation systems. May assist with asbestos surveys, abatement projects and Phase I preliminary site assessments. Transport material samples or documents to the lab for further testing and analysis. Tabulate and prepare data for written reports. Cleans and maintains field monitoring equipment. Adhere to strict safety standards.
Essential Roles and Responsibilities:
- Performs standardized and sometimes complex field tests as directed and/or special inspections as required.
- Calibrate field monitoring equipment such as PID or combustible gas indicator.
- Sample suspect asbestos-containing building materials in accordance with AHERA guidelines.
- Assist with installation and maintenance of remediation systems.
- Assist drill crews in obtaining soil and groundwater samples.
- Perform oversight and air monitoring during asbestos abatement projects.
- Conduct monitoring well sampling.
- Under the direction of a staff professional, performs complex field tasks.
- Follow safety rules, guidelines and standards for all projects. Participate in pre-task planning. Report any safety issues or concerns to management.
- Be responsible for maintaining quality standards on all projects.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum 4-6 years of relevant experience or the equivalent in training and related experience.
- Certification in field of expertise required. Examples include:
- Asbestos Inspector
- Asbestos Project Monitor
- Lead Inspector
- Mold Technician
- Valid driver’s license with acceptable violation history.
- Other national, regional, state, and local environmental related certifications requiring experience and written examination will also be considered if deemed appropriate by the Terracon Department Manager.
Terracon is a 100 percent employee-owned multidiscipline consulting firm comprised of more than 6,000 curious minds focused on solving engineering and technical challenges from more than 175 locations nationwide. Since 1965, Terracon has evolved into a successful multi-discipline firm specializing in environmental, facilities, geotechnical, and materials services. Terracon’s growth is due to our talented employee-owners exceeding expectations in client service and growing their careers with new and exciting opportunities in the marketplace.
Terracon’s vision of “Together, we are best at people” is demonstrated through our excellent compensation and benefits package. Based on eligibility, role and job status, we offer many programs including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, paid time off and holidays, education reimbursement, and various bonus programs.
Terracon is an EEO employer. We encourage qualified minority, female, veteran and disabled candidates to apply and be considered for open positions. We do not discriminate against any applicant for employment, or any employee because of race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender, disability, age, or military status.